Once a month, a WBN member will spotlight their expertise in a 1 1/2 – 2 hour workshop. The workshop is designed to be run in a small group setting and to offer a deeper educational experience to the attendees on the intended topic. Past educational breakouts have included areas such as social media, goal-setting, Zentangle, stress reduction, organizing, guided meditation, estate planning, and more.
Here’s how it works
- Ordinarily, the workshops are held on the fourth Tuesday of the month at HarborOne U beginning at 9:30 am. (This can vary)
- A WBN member contacts Susan Finn (email@example.com) to work out a date and to suggest a topic for the workshop.
- If the member has not presented a breakout in the previous membership year, she is eligible to present in the current year.
- WBN adds the event to the newsletter and to the website calendar
- The Workshop Presenter:
- Creates a longer description of the workshop to include on our website to give folks a better idea of what to expect.
- Determines the cap for number of attendees as well as the deadline for registration.
- Is responsible for further promoting their workshop via their own contact systems.
- Keeps track of registrations.
- Sends a reminder to registrants a few days ahead of the event.
- May decide to send a follow-up to attendees.
- May decide to submit a follow-up blog for our website to let us all know how it went.
We consider these educational breakouts to be a two-way golden opportunity. The presenter has the opportunity to spotlight their expertise in a supportive community. In addition, this is a wonderful chance to sharpen your presentation skills in a non-threatening arena. The attendees are offered a valuable workshop on a topic of interest at no additional cost. Win-Win.
Contact Susan Finn at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Susan Finn Online
Helping you build online presence